Tuesday, January 30, 2007

No FO's

I'm at a place in my crafting where I've got nothing to show. I'm still working on the husband's sweater. I had to take a break, because he wanted socks. I have one sock done, and I'm not posting a pic til I've finished both. I'm afraid I'll lose my momentum. The Chevron scarf is nearly done, and I told the middle child that I was making it for her. (I decided that for sure last night) She smiled very big and said, "How did you know I wanted it?" Ha Ha! Good Mom Moment! I need to record these. Seriously. Far too easy to forget that I have them.

I have nine things to do today. That's a lot. Oops - call the accountant. Ten things. I was so stressed about this that I was up until 3:00 a.m. this morning. Is this helpful? Not a bit. Plus, when I'm up that late at night, I get to acknowledge that we do indeed have a mouse. Just one, right? Heh heh. And I couldn't find my knitting (!!!), so the Chevron scarf didn't get finished with this idle time. I played the kids Nintendo DS's instead, the Animal Crossing game. It was fun, but even on the game, everyone was asleep. LOL Then, when I got up at 6:00 this morning, there was my knitting bag, sitting in the hallway, bright orange yarn sticking out of it. *sigh* Well, clearly it wasn't meant to be, and if I'd knitted on the scarf, I'd have messed it up horribly. I'm very lucky to receive so much attention from the knitting fates.

Drama club today - ten more practices. Yikes! No, no. It's cool. (Yikes!!!) Deep breathe, deeeeep breathe. They're fun kids, though. I'm enjoying it more than I realized I would, even, and I knew it would be fun. Awesome! Yet again, a fates move in my favor. Karma should even things out with a kick in the pants, but maybe I suffered enough already, and this is the golden time. Let's run with that, shall we? Have a great day! I'll try to have a pic tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ten things to do on three hours sleep? Good luck with that :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for good Karma time.

Socks. Phhht.

Ten things? And so stressed you're up half the night? I hope it's all worry and no substance.

Yes. One lonely, lonely mouse. Ready to expire of loneliness.

Anonymous said...

You guys have a DS? I want a DS. We love Gameboys at our house! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate how you can never fall asleep when you need to the most?