Friday, January 12, 2007

The Book Meme

My friend Arleta tagged me with this Meme, which was cool, because I have to move on from the last post. Just move along, people. Don't look. Here 'tis:

The Page 123 Meme
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.
3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Include the title and the author's name.
5. Tag 3 People.

"Linda hung up, set the phone on the floor, and rose from the couch. She looked at Larry, and the longer she looked at him the more she expected him to move; it seemed to unnatural for him to be so still, so silent - he had always been in motion. Early in their courtship she pictured him as a hummingbird - a large, gawky hummingbird - but lately she saw him as something else - perhaps a mongoose."

February issue of Fantasy & Science Fiction. Good stuff. Short, usually eerie stories make for great bathtub reading. So I'll tag Kat with a K, Issues with Knitting, My Life's a Marathon and Black Dog Knits. Hope they don't get mad at me! I think these things are fun and interesting. If you guys don't want to, just tell me to cut it out =) I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And as I was commenting, I was thinking "At least she isn't lifting my shirt and obsessively pinching my nipples!" Wish I had a way to get both our little ones to stop!