Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A girl of my word.

I finished the Chevron scarf, and as I was weaving in the ends, the sun came out! I grabbed the camera so fast! It's unblocked, but since my daughter will be wearing it around her neck this afternoon, I won't bother with blocking it. It will likely be in the wash by this weekend, anyway. The yarn was Encore, 75% acrylic, 25% wool, so washable. There are no names for the colors, just numbers, but they're a goldenrod and orange, orange being my daughter's favorite color. This very bright, sunshiney scarf was just the thing to pick up these last two stressful weeks, as I get out of my comfort zone and learn how to ease back into the working world. It's been nine years, folks! Well, let me clarify. I've been working my BUM off, but not bringing in an extra income. If anyone suggests I haven't been sweating, frustrated and kicked around, while still trying to do a fantastic job, I'm going to put my angry hat on. =)



I also balled up the spun yarn - first effort! - and it will await a quiet moment to go on the needles for a hat. I have to do something with it! And I know it will be worn if I make a hat, because it is cold here, people! 17 degrees, and getting colder. The bank secretary (by now, my friend) told me that this weekend there is a warning for parents that little kids could get frostbite if they're outside for ten seconds! That's cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to hear that it'll be that cold!

Love your handspun! It's so great. I need a lesson. LOL

I agree with your dd; orange is the best! We need bright colors around here, since the sun is such a stranger!

Anonymous said...

the scarf looks so cool!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful orange scarf Carrie - you're a great mum! x