Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chevron, continued...

My chevron scarf continues on apace. For some reason, I'm in a bad mood, today and the past several. I don't know. Not enough sun? So when I sit down to this sunshiney scarf, I feel better. And the pattern changes every other row, so I have to concentrate. I can't just grumble and knit tightly. I have to sit and be peaceful. The yarn is really soft, so that feels nice while I'm knitting, too. It is very rare that I get this sort of tactile comfort from knitting. Plus the size 10 needles make it move faster than it ought to, considering how little knitting time I've been getting.

The husband nicely let me hang the scarf on him while he was doing the dishes. So that makes him double nice =). Then the little one said, "Me, too," and even said "Cheese" while I was snapping, even though she was facing the other way. HeeHee. I really need to get the first kid to basketball practice, then maybe sit in the car all by myself and listen to NPR. But what will probably happen is I will take the other two along, get some groceries, and struggle through a play date, what with the lessons on sharing and all. It's all worth it, though, right? Right? Children take care of their parents in their retirement, right? Because if they don't, the little ingrates, my retirement plan sux. I'm smiling. Blogging is fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute scarf - the colors are beautiful and so cheery!

Anonymous said...

It's cute and sunshiny! And very nice models.

You might want a back up retirement plan. Just in case they decide to give it all to charity or hang out in the wilds of somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Look at your scarf! Aren't you glad you tried it again? The colors are really great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what pretty colors!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Wow, you are fast. And what nice scarf hangers you have:-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours1

I'm soooo sorry for not responding to your meme - I've been busy planning a wedding... x