Monday, January 08, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow...

Oh, my goodness! Finally, eh? Not that I love snow, but I sure hate thinking that global warning had reached the "there's no snow in winter" point so quickly. But after attempting to drive my kids to school, I had to turn around. We're pretty rural, and no snowplows had been out. After I almost slid into the other lane, then another car nearly slid into my lane, I cut my losses, turned around and came home. The kids will be late.

Here's the little artist! She spent a lot of time that day creating pictures for the blog, and this was by far the most detailed. A bunny, presents, balloons, cake... Happy Birthday party! That flu didn't let go of her, either. It lasted right through the weekend. Is it just me, or does the flu hit harder every year? And how do they know which strain of flu to make the flu shot for? I'd like that question answered, thank you. I'm going to add it to my list of questions to look up when I get some time. If you know, I'd love to hear about it.

There's too much work to do today to do any crafting, but I bet I'll have something to show tomorrow anyway. Hehe. I'm a rebel that way. Bundle up, peoples!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at that snow! I would've come home, too. Cute picture--I love little budding artists!

Cindy Larson said...

Our doc said that they look at what flu bug is hitting over seas and work from that because that's where it usually starts first.
Man, you got a lot of snow!! Hardley any here. Gotta love that lake:)

AR said...

Eww! You got more snow than us. Hubby said he spun around a little this morning! Scary!

What a cute little artist. Is that from the sick day?

I kinda sorta tagged you again. Come on over and see. :)

Anonymous said...

Each new vaccine is based on data from WHO laboratories in more than 80 countries.

They include the strains of flu viruses that are in circulation at the time and also what's expected to circulate the following winter.