Monday, January 01, 2007

Bring it on, 2007!

Well, rats and frazzle. I got up this morning, and there the dirty dishes were. Apparently my request for a dish fairy for 2007 has been denied. Again. Gah. Well, forget it, family. I'm taking one of the kids clothes shopping instead. Four hours of sleep on a child who hates clothes shopping (well, any shopping) on the first day of the new year. It's either that or dishes. I couldn't come up with a better list than this??? Haahaaahaaaa. The New Year's baby is giggling at me.

But I'm excited. I'm hopeful. I'm starting new things. I get out of the house more every year that the children grow, and I think that makes me a better person. In fact, I know it does. Every year, I feel more and more like the person I used to be. My husband is probably happy, too. All work and no play make Carrie a dull girl.... *giggle* We've got the drama club, we're going to work more on the house, this year I'll get Christmas cards out... I may start that one now. I like to set attainable goals for myself. I'm now the co-leader of our on-line group of friends in World of Warcraft. I don't know what that means, but I'm sure it has to do with me having some serious power - mwahaahaaa. (Where does that laugh track keep coming from?) My mom and I have a business idea that looks fun, and my husband and I actually started a business. Children are nearing adolescence, one step at a time. Plus I have a plan for keeping track of my knitting projects. I envision this year with me swerving and moving from one fun activity to another. Momentum keeps me happy. Sitting and doing nothing bum me out.

So, right now, nothing to report, since nothing has happened yet besides me killing the first cup of coffee of the New Year. But I'm ready!

9 comments:

Mouse said...

Happy 2007! I think the Dish Fairies were backordered because I didn't get mine either.. maybe next year huh?

AR said...

I got my dish fairy! He's in the kitchen right now, wait, maybe I shouldn't call poor hubby a fairy.
:O

Happy New Year!

Cindy Larson said...

You definatly sound pumped up for this new year!!!! Hope you can hold on to it and it brings you everything you want.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're off to a good start!

You asked about the sweater size in my last blog post...I did the child size 28, based on my dd's chest measurements. She's 10 but petite & skinny. The sweater is blocking now, so I hope it fits better afterward than it did in the dry run. I'll let you know!

Anonymous said...

You'll do it - I have no doubt! x

PS: If I see those dish fairies I'll send them your way. (AR's comment made me laugh).

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you're all set for a good one.

Anonymous said...

No dish fairies here! I don't think they could make it through the snow.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2007!

Thanks for your comments on my blog! Uh, the stash thing. Well, it's not the stash IN the picture that's a problem, it's what's NOT in the picture...heh heh (!)...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you hit the ground running this year. I hope to do the same!
You can steal my list of resolutions anytime! It's not like they're copyrighted. ;)