Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What's that noise?

Tink.

Tink.

Tink.

No, that's not the water faucet you're hearing.

I was knitting away on my shawl pattern - have I mentioned that I've never knitted anything like this before? - and the family is watching "Deal or No Deal." (Poor Howie with the OCD thing, ay?) So I'm trying to figure out how to do a double increase in one stitch, and they're saying, "Mom? Would you stop now? Would you turn down $49,000?" And I caught myself thinking, "Don't you care if I do well????" So I had to put the shawl down for a bit, and tink out the last row at a later time, since I couldn't fake my way through being a stitch off. I'm loving the complexity; I always love complexity in knitting. Plain Jane knitting is okay for when I'm reading to the kids, but after nine years of not having enough time to concentrate (again, I love the kids - not complaining), I'm ready for some difficult stuff. I can't imagine how I'm going to get this done, though, if it's going to require this much attention and focus. Fun! =)



Here's a picture of the beautiful Arctic Diamonds Stole by Del. Isn't it just beautiful? I'm so jealous of the color and the design and everything. Lovely, lovely. If you have a second, go tell her how pretty it is. Compliments build good karma, and who doesn't need more of that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, thanks, Carrie!

And YES, lace requires concentration, doesn't it? No way can I watch game shows (or Hell's Kitchen, my guilty pleasure TV for the moment) while I'm working on that! If I had to tink back, I think I'd lose it, LOL.

Jennifer said...

Yes, that's the thing about lace knitting, it requires all sorts of concentration! The FO is so worth it though.

AR said...

I hope you don't have to tink far!

Laura Sue said...

I don't know why, since you're on my feeds, that I haven't been getting you before today. Hmm. I'm happy to see the progress on all of the shawls. I can't join right now, though, as I have a "three things on the needles" rule and would have to finish something first. One of those is a sock--my first. I'm not sure about them socks! Anyway, glad you're back on my bloglines feeds--the post about the deer and wildlife was great as well as the toad villages. Love it.

Jen said...

Your shawl is very pretty. I love doing lace. But with 6 little ones I just can't do it. Trying to count and track my place on the cable socks is enough. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting started on the shawl - can't wait to see your progress. I've had to put mine on hold for a bit to finish off the cardigan for my daughter in time for her birthday.

Del, absolutely beautiful - you pro you!

Brigitte said...

Just lovely! I love the shawl pics, thanks! Gives me some inspiration to keep plugging away on mine.

:)