Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sundays are for...

...napping. Mmmm, doesn't this look comfortable?



Also, let's post some shawl pics! Here is a picture from my good pal, Arleta, working away on her Sagittaria shawl. Nice, ay? I think so, too.



Here is a picture of my Moonlight Sonata shawl, finally some daylight to show it in. I showed it to a lady at church, who asked to see it - I don't maul people with my knitting, even if I'm feeling especially proud - And she informed me I was showing the wrong side, so I turned it over. Then she sniffed and turned away. Ouch! Well, poo to her. I likes it, and I think it's coming along swimmingly. And I like both sides, so there! (insert me childishly sticking out my tongue)



Did y'all catch The Graham Norton Show last night? He's a British commedienne who is really snarky about people, the things they do... it's not really my favorite thing, but I love the guest stars he gets on. Well, last night, he featured a woman, Allison Murray, who knit a house! She did! She knit a house, then knit and felted everything in it! She had a push broom, complete with fringe, and a bowl of fruit, everything felted to scale; there was a teapot with milk in it. She was amazing. And you could see Graham was going to be snarky, cuz that's who he is, but by the time he was done looking at it, he was really impressed. I loved that! Good for her. She freaked out a muggle. It might have cost her her eyesight and a year of her life to do it, but she did. You rock, Allison.

13 comments:

LaurieM said...

I checked out the pattern for you shawl and its supposed to be reversible, so I'm thinking you were just too advanced, revolutionary and cutting edge for the church knitter. Which is not to mention, it looks great to me too!

What yarn are you using?

Romi said...

Aaaaaaaw! Is there anything cuter than napping kids? :)

Mouse said...

I LOVE Graham Norton.. been watching his show for the last few years ever since our tv provider got smart and picked up BBC America. When I saw the woman with the knitted house I was wondering if any other bloggers had seen the show!

Bridget said...

I'm surprised the Church Lady didn't say, "Well, now, isn't that special??" :-)

I think it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Why would that woman sniff at your lovely shawl??? Weird! I think it looks wonderful!

If only I could nap like that...

Jennifer said...

I think your shawl is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I think your shawl looks fantastic. Poor church lady doesn't know a good thing when she sees it.

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is looking lovely!

I spent most of Saturday on the couch looking like the first picture (only not as cute) :)

Anonymous said...

Well, phooey on the church lady. What kind of person asks to see your knitting and then sniffs at it?! At any rate, I think your shawl is lovely.

For anyone as curious as I was about the knitted house, there's a news story with pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/27w2u9

Carol said...

The shawl is beautiful! I'll have to try to find some footage on the knitted house, how cool! Oh and to the sniffy church lady here's a big Bronx cheer! ppttthhhzzzz
(I always have a hard time spelling that;))

Anonymous said...

Love the shawls - isn't it funny how we all picked blue for our shawls.

Tala said...

Your shawl is coming along beautifully! That woman's a poop. Don't worry about her!

I ordered the yarn for the Luna Moth Shawl - the recommended yarn (boring, but I wanted to try that blend). As soon as I get it, I'lll cast on! I WILL finish this KAL - I'm glad you listed who was in on it, because in all the Disney hubbub, I forgot I'd joined!!!

AR said...

Shame to the snooty! I love your shawl! The 'baby' looks so sweet. I wish I could just nap where-ever-when-ever!