Monday, June 18, 2007

Strawberry Season

We love strawberry season here at the Cobbler house.



For many years, my second child would only eat homemade jam, and we would be scouring the supermarket in February for expensive preserves. So now I really make some jam. I still run out, because I can't help sharing these pretty things. Our favorite part of the jam making process is the foam I skim off before I can it. Mmmm, so sweet. I hand out the spoons for the kids, and I never get any anymore! HeeHee. I made my own competition, silly me.



Speaking of pretty things, check out Jenni's spectacular start on her shawl. Beauty, ay?



And... I cast on!



Finally, finally. I'm very excited. So far, so good, but I feel like I can't make any mistake, because it's tricky for me to pick up a yarnover. It isn't impossible. I just don't like doing it. I'm counting on the size of it to hide any little errors. I'm not a "rip back" kinda girl, unless it's, like, seven stitches or something. Then I'll do it, just to get it right. *wink*

Any shawl updates, anyone? Just email me a pic or post one on your site and let me know, so I can pick it up and repost in a timely manner.

5 comments:

AR said...

Mmm, that looks so good!

So do the shawls. I got my yarn today! I can't believe it, but I did. Knitpicks is quick! I'll show you on Wednesday. I can't wait to see yours, too, so bring it to knitting! :)

Jennifer said...

Mmmmm, jam!

I'm going to cast on for my shawl as soon as I get my daughter's Baby Bobbi Bear all done. Give me a couple of days.

K. said...

Yum! I've never made strawberry jam. Maybe my parents' garden will yield enough to make it! I can't wait until we have enough raspberries to make jam. Our last batch was sadly overcooked. I wasn't paying enough attention.

sheep#100 said...

One word: lifelines!

Jen said...

Those jars are beautiful! I can't eat strawberries. But the rest of my family gobbles up fresh preserves like water!