Saturday, June 02, 2007

Listen to the Force

I am an absolute believer that things happen for a reason. If someone pulls out in front of me in traffic, I'm probably being saved from an accident down the road. If there's an appointment that's inconvenient for me, I'm sorry if I change it, for one reason or another. I find it just makes life easier if I roll with things. So lately I've been having bouts of insomnia. For some reason, two-and-a-half hours of sleep was enough last night, and I was up at 2:30 this morning. I resolved not to waste time just staring at Dawson's Creek again, and picked up my dishcloth. That's good middle of the night knitting, and maybe I woke up because I'd need a dishcloth later. (Remember, I'm rolling with things here) I like how it came out:



Two hours later, my oldest daughter got up. (I muted Dawson, because it's just inappropriate for anyone under 20, probably) She was having an allergic reaction to I-don't-know-what. Her hands were red and itchy, so I put some hydrocortisone them and gave her some Benedryl. Then, a half hour later, my youngest woke up with a nightmare about her Slip-and-Slide. She'd been on it for the first time yesterday, and was completely shocked that her derriere got wet while sliding. Hee. So I'm thinking that it wasn't the washcloth nudging me awake, but the parenting force, and I'm glad I listened. I never know when I'm listening, but things generally work out. Still, I hope I don't need a small gift later today, because I really like the dishcloth.

You know, I never knew a KAL was a knitalong. Thanks to Craftylilly for mentioning it in the comments yesterday. A shawl KAL was just what I was thinking of, truth be told. I really want to make the dragone shawl, but I've never knitted lace before, so an easier pattern should be found. I'm thinking that easing myself into a shawl is a good idea. Anyone have any suggestions, that may want to knit along with me? I'm not sure I'll ever need a shawl, but you know, I probably will just about when I finish it. I like how things work out that way. Have faith, young Jedi. The force is strong.

5 comments:

LaurieM said...

What do you mean "never done lace before"? Sweetie, that dishcloth is as lacy a one as I've ever seen! :-)
You're going to be a natural.

Laura B said...

I agree totally. Things always have a reason for happening. It's definitely best to be content with what you've got.

AR said...

I have total confidence that you could do the dragone. I want to do that one, too. Real Bad! LOL

Your dishcloth is cute. Hope the girls are ok.:)

Jennifer said...

You know, I'm seriously thinking of casting on for the Swallowtail shawl from IK. I've even dug yarn out for it. Want to join me? Even if you picked another pattern, we could do a little shawl KAL.

Romi said...

Hee. I'm the exact same way. When something happens, it's because it was meant to! I just go with it. *g*

Love the dishcloth. :)