Sunday, March 04, 2007

Round One of the Knitoff - phew!

I don't usually do this. I'm probably the last person in the world to be brave enough to post nasty, tired pictures of themselves, but by gummy, I earned this one =+) Round One of the KnitOff is finished, and I'm going to go ice my hands now. The pattern was the Uniscarfity, and we had to knit until we ran out of our main color. My scarf came out 37 inches long, with Paton's Classic Merino wool, on size 6 U.S. needles. I would like it longer, so I'll pull out the bind-off and add to it tomorrow, or so. But I'm done! As near as I can tell, I was the first done in my group, Group G, and it looks like the second person done overall. I don't know about you guys, but I was under the impression I couldn't knit a scarf in a day... rats. Now I have less excuses for my gift-making timeline...





No, really, I'm excited. I've never been in a knitoff before. And even if I'm clobbered in the second round, I've got this tired, nasty picture of myself to look back on fondly...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
That's a great looking scarf (and you don't look nasty and tired)!

LaurieM said...

Actually, you look very cute. Proud and relaxed.

I don't know, I'm thinking you won't get bumped, but ace the damn thing. You did great!

Cindy Larson said...

Well, all I can say is thank you so much for coming out last night for my birthday dinner:) Because I know if you hadn't, your scarf would have been done first. It is very pretty too. Congrats!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

This looks fantastic! I wish I knew how to knit. Rats!

Laura B said...

Awesome! I'll be rooting for you in round two!

Anonymous said...

You're so pretty C - cute scarf too! x

g-girl said...

the scarf looks great and you look great in it! I tried that pattern but for some reason, I wasn't getting it. :P

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, GREAT job! And you look fantastic...and so does the scarf!

AR said...

Haha, I was thinking you look really good, and very determined!

Good job!! Go, Carrie, go!!

Marlene said...

We're alway our own worst critics. If you're looking "tired and nasty" in that picture then you must normally look over-the-top fabulous. Great scarf.

Lorraine said...

You look pretty good to me. The scarf is nice as well.

It's amazing what you can do under pressure.