Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Journey of Survival

One of my friend's sisters has, scarily, been diagnosed with cancer, as well as having type II diabetes. She has such an incredibly powerful outlook, and has started a blog called A Journey of Survival. I love that. I love that she wants people to follow along as she gets well, as she documents her thoughts through these difficult times, and I believe she needs prayers, and happy stories. If you have some of those things, drop her a message. She is the nicest lady (and apparently very rexy bald). Read the entry about how lovely it is to take your hair and your boobs off at bedtime. Man.... pure comfort. You've got to love her attitude! =)

Oh, and I'm not stressed any longer. For one thing, I worked it all out in my earlier post (thank you for your kind comments). Secondly, I have not yet been diagnosed with a life-threatening disease. But I think that I'll go live as if I have been. I'm going to go hug my kids and then save their artwork. Tomorrow I think I'll make pancakes for breakfast, and make sundaes for dessert at dinner. I'm definitely going to take pictures of them, and write in the journals I started for each of them when they were born. Love them little buggers. Go on now. Go tell someone you love them, too.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Well, it sort of puts it all into perspective, doesn't it?
Be happy with what you have. I love both of my kids to pieces, even though they drive me nuts, I wouldn't change a thing.

And it is a short drive..........

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely visit her blog and I'll be sending good thoughts her way. I have a friend dealing with cancer too, and her attitude absolutely amazes me! There is entirely too much of this nasty disease out there. But, as Lorraine says, it does put things in perspective!

Carol said...

There's much for her to do, but I'm sure she's got a terrific support system too. Every little bit helps!

Anonymous said...

Right, if we're healthy & have people who love us, there's really not much to complain about.

Anonymous said...

Great post Carrie - thanks for the likn. x