Saturday, March 17, 2007

Slothful Spiders

That's what I felt like this morning, sitting in bed, knitting like a madwoman. My husband, dear soul that he is, ran me up coffee and bagels and kept the kids entertained, so that I could knit this:


It's a doily, in Kathmandu DK wool, on size 6 needles, for the Knitoff competition. It took four and a half hours, pretty much exactly, and I gotta say, I'm probably doomed in the next round. A girl finished moments before me, and the girl I was competing with finished 40 minutes after me, but when did they start??? Actually, I got an email from that girl just now saying that she finished a half hour earlier, but had camera difficulties. Dang. Oh, well. Look at the pretty doily!

I also started another Hermione hat yesterday, and will make matching mittens for the Christmas gift-a-month that Spinnerella started. If you know me, people, watch out, because I love this pattern, and I think people will be getting them from me for Xmas this year. I'm enjoying the sunshine here, but from the kitchen table (I've gotten out of bed). It's very cold out, which I always consider very weird, when the sun is so bright. Happy Knitting!

10 comments:

Tala said...

Ooooh - don't you just LOVE the Kathmandu? I did Kepler out of Kathmandu Aran in a beautiful olive color.

Let me know what roving you want in what color and I'll see what I can do batt-wise!

Brigitte said...

That is one cute doily! And I love Kathmandu as well! :)

Anonymous said...

The doily is very cute - can't believe you made it in 4 hours. The Hermione hat is really cute!

Anonymous said...

That is some NICE looking yarn; it made such a cute doily!

AR said...

Very pretty, Carrie! :) Good luck in the next round.

Anonymous said...

This is fascinating to me! I think you mentioned the competition at the Christmas party, but I am just now getting it!

Nice work! I love the Hermione hat too... and would totally wear that. (Do I sound like I am trying to get you to knit something for me?)

Tala said...

Thanks for the tip, Carrie! I'll try to do that - maybe throw in a couple of stitch markers so I remember to increase there, too!! Good tip!

Carol said...

Nice! Where did you get the pattern for that? I loves me a lost weekend in knitting, rare, but enjoyed tremendously!

Tala said...

Thanks for the bday wishes for Ella! It's funny, I was the same way - born with dark dark hair that went light (well, when it's its natural color, which it rarely is these days!) I wish I'd kept the really dark hair - that's the way it'd dyed right now!

Sharmane said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for the compliment on my page. I would have liked to strategically place shamrocks but I think mine would have been on the booty baby! =)