Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Springy Contest

If you were the person who subscribed under Bloglines to my blog, in the last few days, thanks! You helped me to hit 30 subscribers. I stopped at 29 for the longest time (at least through Bloglines), and while I was pleased to have people who read me (thank you!) I wanted to do a contest. But I wanted to have enough people reading the blog to make the contest fun, and my husband suggested "30" would be a good magic number. Then someone dropped me from their list the other day (sniff, sniff), and I went to 28. You know how you just have a few people who like you, and someone drops you from their list, and you think about it while you shower, or drive the car, or something? Weird. I am writing for me, but I enjoy writing to you, y'know? Anyhoo, when I checked today - Huzzah! Up to 30, and I can have a contest!

It's spring, and I've been casting on new projects with abandon. Don't even care that I only have to finish the neck on the hubby's sweater. He can't wear it for awhile now that it's warmer (yay sun!). So the contest will go along with spring, and starting new things. I'd like everyone who wants to participate to cast on a washcloth - a wild one. One that you feel joyous doing, and in colors that don't match your kitchen. Make it fun! Use entrelac or a new pattern or anything you want. Garter stitch is fine, too. Just get in the spirit of spring and starting new things, and cast on a colorful cloth. I'll give y'all two weeks to send in pics, then I'll pick one randomly. The winner gets - sock yarn! I found some beautiful stuff at our LYS, it's Austermann, Step. It is so soft - clearly the best sock yarn I've knit with to date. I love the colors and the squishiness. They were stocking it on the shelves, just in, the last time I was at the LYS, and I am a sucker for "just in" yarn. I have to pass the love along as a prize. I'm also looking forward to posting everyone's pictures.

Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Happy Spring!

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm in! *runs off to rummage in the kitchen cloth yarn stash* And yes I have a kitchen cloth stash. LOL!

Beth said...

You're welcome. It was me. I'm sure of it. I just set up my bloglines on Wednesday.
I'm glad I could help.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun.

LaurieM said...

Oh I'm in! I've got this ball of purple and green cotton that I've been meaning to knit into a dishcloth anyway.

And have you seen the garterlac dishcloth pattern? I highly recommend it!

Romi said...

Gorgeous sock! I subscribe, but I don't do washcloths. Is that like not doing windows? ;) Have a great contest!

LaurieM said...

No sooner said than done! You inspired me Carrie and I've already made my dishcloth. Thanks for the kick in the but, that cotton had been waiting since January.

Tala said...

Oooh...I have to try to fit this in! Sounds like fun!

The Lorna's Laces is great - have you knit with it? If not, I recommend it!

Puffy's fleece is gorgeous, isn't it? Shoot me your address again (I have GOT to get a list going with my fibery friends' addresses!) and I'll send you a batt of Cacao's fleece!

KnittingMoose said...

Hi. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that you have at least one other subscriber (me!) who's "invisible," because I use Google Reader! Sorry if that messes up the count. ;)

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Tee hee, that was me that pushed you to number 30. I kept loosing track of my favourite knitting blogs and then tiennieknits suggested bloglines.

Asaknitter
www.knittingnutter.com

Carol said...

Sounds like fun to me! I haven't set anyone up on Bloglines in a while. I read the old fashioned way, get on my blog and click on down the list!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like a fun contest! And dishcloths are always great.

Chris said...

Oh, that sock yarn is really cool! Hmm...

sheep#100 said...

A great contest idea!

Becky said...

I bet your contest will add a few subscribers -- like me! ;)

I just signed up for my quarterly dishcloth swap, so your contest is very timely. Hope my partner will like a crazy springtime cloth!

Karen said...

I'm in too. I'll start one as soon as I get home from work today (ok, maybe I'll feed my family first).

5elementknitr said...

I just had a box of kitchen cotton sent to me by the lovely uberstrickenfrau (uberstrickenfrau.blogspot.com), casting on now! (OK, typing now, casting on soon!)

monica said...

What fun and I need to make some new cloths anyway, so this is great. And I like Austermann Step too, in fact I made a pair of socks in the same color you are currently knitting with.

Anonymous said...

I've got you at 31 subscribers!

Kenyetta said...

I have the perfect spring yarn....

Chris said...

Ok, I have mine started!

Laura Sue said...

I would like to join! I bought some lovely aqua cotton and have been meaning to do it up a la Mason-Dixon knitting. I'm here via Stumbling Over Chaos! Hey, Chris!

April said...

Popped in via Julie / Noolie's blog - a dishcloth contest sounds like a great idea!

Janice said...

I'm a bit late, but starting one today....

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm #33! I have just recently become addicted to dishcloths. This should be fun. (Carrie sent me your way) Congratulations on making 30+

AR said...

OK! I'm in. You know how I love dishcloths. I just finished 3. Pic out to you asap. :)