Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A little peak into my head

My husband is one of those people who will ask, right out of the blue, "What are you thinking about?" I think I make odd faces when in deep thought. I'm not sure. Anyway, I usually lie to him, and refer to the show we're watching, or quickly think of something interesting from that day to bring up. Just lately, though, I've been letting him have whatever thought was running through my head. Like, one day I was trying to reconstruct how exactly one would shear a sheep, from remembrances of my childhood. Or I would be thinking that my hair looked better when I was younger, and was it because my face was more moisturized? Odd stuff like that. I know I'm not odd, or even really abnormal, though I haven't taken the test. I'm just pretty much like everyone else, even if sometimes people lie and say it's not true.

But today I was thinking about how, if the world all went to hell (If?) and we couldn't get any running water, I would have to walk down to the stream for water (freezing water) to wash my hair, so I looked decent when I walked to town. And I would expect that everyone else would be walking about with dirty hair, because, hey, they don't live next to a river, so what would they do? And then I would walk to town and realize that people were bicycling, and they all had good hair (and warm scalps). Here I was, making things way harder than they had to be, when a little knowledge would have gone a long way. Somehow, everyone else is getting clean hair, and they don't think it's a big deal. I don't know why I think I would be the person left out of the knowledge, but there you are. I realized I was having a weird random thought, and I document this because some day I may spend the money to amaze a therapist. Unless I'm really, really normal, which, of course, is what I think...

10 comments:

AR said...

Well, my hair would be washed in the bay, since it's right across the street. Hehe. That really would be cold! Or I could go to the Mineral Springs! Would that stuff help my hair, you know, like well water?

Your scarf is so cute, by the way! You should have brought it on Monday!

LaurieM said...

It sounds as if your brain were twiddling its virtual thumbs. Give it some math to do and it will stop worrying about your hair.

Usually, I think about yarn...

Marigold said...

A little wierd, yes, but it's an interesting thought. It's what people did before they had indoor plumbing after all. Haul the water all the way to the house, heat it up on the wood stove (See, you don't have to wash in freezing water :), then wash hair by pouring the water out of a pitcher. Too much work!

Marlene said...

I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, I was thinking along a somewhat similar path today.

My husband is buying a water barrel mainly to catch the water from the drain spouts on our shed. He says he will use it to water the outdoor plants or something. Anyway, I was thinking "Now why didn't my mom have a water barrel when we were living in a shack by a lake?". She always talks about how she had to go down to the lake several times a day for water for laundry, cooking, bathing and such. If she had a water barrel by the door she could have just dipped in a bucket or something. And think how nice our hair would have been. But then again, maybe our hair was already nice from being washed in lake water?....ramble...ramble...ramble...

Unknown said...

If I had to fetch & haul water I wouldn't waste it on my hair, that's for sure!!
I have several hats that are not just functional (warm) but are great for "bad hair days".

Jennifer said...

Dude, you're normal. Of course I'm not sure if I'm qualified to say that. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're not weird. You're very funny. (I think about my hair ALL the time.)

Carol said...

OK, that's the second time I was caught laughing loud at work. Shhhh You guys are get me trouble! ;)

Unknown said...

My husband has stopped askingme questions like that.. he gets weird answers and doesn't know how to respond...LOL

--Kimberly (new to blogspot and found you on random)

Unknown said...

Regarding Your Comment-Thanks for stopping by and reading. You're my FIRST Blogspot Commentor!
We tried public school for 2 years (wich was 3 school years for my boys). It was somuch more complicated than homeschooling. I was inthere almost daily talking to teachers to get them to do things my boys needed, then spent most the day reteaching my boys the stuff the teacher didn't know how to teach them. Connor had autistic meltdowns daily. (I couldn't imagine when we had all 3 in school).Life is so much easier and smoother now. But I guess Public School works for lots of others.
THANKS again for stopping by.