Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Springy Contest Update

Yay, so many players for the dishcloth contest! This makes me very happy. Nothing is more of a bummer than holding a party and having no one come. But so many are up for knitting a kitchen cloth that I'm happy the husband thought of it!

Here's the list of joiners so far (and send me an email if I mess up your address, but I've been pretty careful): Jennifer, Beth, Julie, Laurie, Romi - (actually, she's unsure) - Chris, Carol, Trek, Carrie K, Becky, Karen, Monica, 5elementknitr, Tala and Kenyetta. Two of these folks cast on and finished by the next day, which gives me hope that I'll complete my dishcloth on time. Actually, as Karen pointed out, all I said was that you had to start a dishcloth, not finish one - I laughed out loud. =) I love when people catch me by surprise. So start your cloth and send me a pic. I'll post them all next weekend and randomly pick a winner!

In other news, today is the last day of the KnitOff! I was out to Michelle at the last round - I just stopped knitting too soon! I was unsure of how the pattern should be read, so assumed that of course I shouldn't knit double what I'd already done. *grins* But it was very fun, and I learned to do entrelac, and that Michelle is a fast knitter! Straight up, she was beating me speedwise. I'll have to practice harder - heehee. The new pattern for this week is so amazing, and difficult looking, that I just have to be glad it's not my problem. Phew!

The drama club performed our play this weekend! It was awesome. The kids were so proud of themselves, and rightly so. They really pulled it together in the last two weeks, and became the boss of that play. Very few dry eyes left the gymnasium, and I couldn't have been happier seeing people cry. As a fill-in, if you haven't read me blathering on about it, we performed A Thousand Cranes, a true story of a girl who lived through the atom bomb dropping on Hiroshima, only to die ten years later of leukemia as an after-effect of the bomb. Our first year as a drama club! What in the world will we do next year??? Actually, the little stars are already mentioning they'd like to perform Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Hmm... could be a little dark, but fun ....

Still time to enter the contest! There's some pretty sweet yarn at stake!

11 comments:

monica said...

I remember whe my kids read that book, we had 1000 paper cranes throughout the house, the eldest still makes them when she get bored. The cloth is finished and posted on my blog.

Jennifer said...

The last high school I worked for made the 1000 cranes. We did it right after the troops entered Iraq. The final display was quite amazing.

I'm almost done with my dishcloth! Picture to be sent soon.

Brigitte said...

I'm going to have to look forward to seeing your entries!

Cotton yarn and I are no longer on speaking terms...

sheep#100 said...

I finished my Nubbins Dishcloth. Come visit my blog for fun pictures!

AR said...

I'm so sorry that I missed the play! I'm glad it went great. I knew you all would pull it together!

Alliesw said...

Hi! Just came here from Arleta's Motley Wool and subscribed with Google Reader--so you're over 30 somewhere!

Laura B said...

Oh, I'm in too! I have mine done, but I'm low on time to blog about it... soon!

Romi said...

Very slick, Ms. Carrie! I'm still not much of a dishcloth knitter, though, so I'm afraid I'll pass on this one. :) Be well!

Deborah said...

oh gosh, you gonna make me come off my dishcloth 12 step program...

Janice said...

We actually went to Hiroshima when we were living in Japan. There is a beautiful statue at the memorial site of a young girl holding up a crane. At the base of the statue were hundreds of strands of folded cranes from all over the world! It was amazing to see!!

I'm going to try and sign up for your contest......

Kenyetta said...

I just cast on for Garterlac...pics on my blog.
Congrats on the drama club performance!