Monday, December 18, 2006

A Weird Meme...

This is a meme about what is weird about you (actually, me), but I was really pleased to be asked to do it. I've been watching it move around the Internet, and I really feel a part of the group now =) Do you people know how long I've been waiting to be a part of a group??? Sorry... ahem.... Anyway, this is definitely a weird one for me, because one way I have always fought off trying to feel odd or out of place, is to tell myself that I'm very ordinary, as normal as everyone else, and underneath, we all worry about the same things. So I had to come up with six weird things about me, and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. After all, I'm perfectly normal! But rolling this one around in my head, it's funny how stuff has started to come up, as I'm doing the dishes or whatever. For instance, it occurs to me:

I started dating my ex-, because I felt sorry for him, because no one liked him. Oh, and me? HELLO! What was it about this that you didn't figure out???

I make sure that there is a little piece of the sticker price attached to a gift, in case the person wants to know where to return it. That way they don't have to say, "How cool! Where did you get it?" I see through that every time.

I always tell people something the opposite about myself, I think to see if they will tell me it's not true or at least get to know me well enough to not believe me. Is that crazy stupid or what??

Eating Doritos with chocolate chips, or Milk Duds with popcorn is absolutely divine...

My mom is my best friend, and most people think that's weird. I think it's awesome. Who knows me better? Of course, she feels completely at ease to pick on me about embarrassing stuff, but I think that's true with any best friend, right? Right??

I didn't see the point of blogging at first. Let me do that one again. I didn't see the point. Like 56 million people doing it didn't suggest to me that it's fun?? It's a blast. Love it. I'm loving all the people I'm connecting with, and getting to share in the special things that happen in their lives. It's so awesome.

Oh, and a seventh thing, because I didn't want to delete any of the above. When my babies were small, I once didn't leave the house for a whole week, not even to get the mail. That was so weird, when I next stepped outside and saw the sun...

See? I came up with seven things, when I didn't think I could come up with any. What if there's more stuff that's weird about me? Yikes! I'm going to go deep breathe, and pass this on to seven more people, since I came up with seven weird things. They have to list the six (or so) weird things about themselves, and pass it on again to another six (or so). My seven are Kat with a K, Issues with Knitting, AmpuTeeHee, Stranded on Fair Isle, Jeanne Knits, Black Dog Knits, and Mortal Clock. I've sent them e-mails, so they know it's coming. They're supposed to do the same to their victims - errr, friends, I mean...

10 comments:

AR said...

Hehe, I already knew you were weird!

See ya at school! :)

Laura B said...

You don't sound too weird to me! You should try popcorn + m&m's.

Carrie said...

Mmmm... popcorn and m&m's. That could only be good!

Anonymous said...

Me?? But, but... I'm NOT very good at this meme thing and there's NO WAY that I can come up with SIX weird things (because I'm NOT weird).
I AM NOT WEIRD!
So there.
Ok, I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can LIE or something... x

Anonymous said...

That's too funny - telling something untrue about yourself! Why didn't I think of that?

Jeanne said...

OK, the reason you dated your ex is pretty weird, but other than that...not too bad! I saw this meme the other day, and honestly, I don't think I can come up with 6 weird things ...but I'll try (I'd ask my husband but he's too smart to answer things like this!)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I've actually done this one before, so you might want to save that tag and torture someone else...but check my blog tomorrow and we'll see what I can do ;-)

Mindy said...

I always did Doritos and chocolate pudding. And popcorn and hershey's kisses.

Anonymous said...

Okay, working on it now... :-)

LaurieM said...

I've posted my weirdness to the world.
Enjoy!