Friday, June 06, 2008

I've found my people

You know, I gotta admit, I worried for almost 24 hours as to whether or not I should post a picture of a squashed mosquito on my blog. I kept envisioning no comments left or, worse, people just saying Ewww and then wiping me from their "Subscribe" list. Instead, you were all very supportive, and no one typed me a message (although maybe you thought the words) about how disgusting it was to take a picture of a squashed bug in the first place, but that I then felt the need to share it with blogland showed how really bad things had gotten. Thanks, y'all, for making me feel at home. =)

Now, we've talked about karma here, and fate, kismet, however you view the world and its points, and I have a quick question for everyone: If a person (yes, me) truly hated camping, and the thought of it made her sweat, but everyone in the family (yes, mine) wanted to go on a family camping vacation, would I be building good karma points by smiling, sweating and going along? Or would the mere fact that I was hoping for karma points negate any possibility of getting them?

I'll read your thoughts in a few days!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you still get points.. at least "brownie points" for smiling through your pain. I _HATE_ the heat and dislike camping.. and I have to do it every year in Florida for a week for the benefit of my family. *hugs* I feel for you.

Anonymous said...

Camping is fun. But going along for your family, no matter how many karmic points you hope to rack up, still gets you points for actually doing it.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Camping??? Am I staying in a cabin with electricity and a full bathroom?? If not, count me out, lol! I feel your pain. I guess it depends on how long you have to be there & exactly what "roughing it" entails. I don't think wishing for karma points negates them at all. I do it all the time.

lobstah said...

You should let them go camping and you spend the week at a nice spa or something. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think you should send them on their way and have a "Mommies only" party at your house while they are gone !:)

AR said...

Hehe, Rikitiki just wants another party! Sorry the weather was so yucky, I thought of you guys this weekend. I bet you soldiered through with a smile, though. You're so nice I'm sure your karma points are off the chart! (and I'm not just saying that so you'll watch my kid-lol)

Jennifer said...

Yep, I think that means you get points. I'm in the same boat. Ugh, camping? That's not a vacation I tell you.