Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wherein I deliver...

Here you go, folks! Costume pics, bunny pics, birthday party pics, and an alpaca! The last was an unexpected bonus, obviously karma at work for me, for once. =) I took brownies into the school for my daughter's birthday, and look who got to come into the school! It was another little girl's birthday, and her mom scored an alpaca to come for show and tell. I told them, they win. Is there a cooler class treat than that? This little alpaca was very sweet, and patient with all of the kids running up from behind to pat her, even though they didn't have to sneak a pat. That's what she was there for! Very, very soft roving on her, just waiting for a brush. But maybe that's just me...




And some costumes! I was going to do this big blog entry, showing the step-by-step creation, but instead, here's some finished products. The 60's poodle skirt girl and the mermaid were the ones that I made. The other costumes were purchased in previous years, and worn because the mermaid costume wasn't quite done when the first Halloween party happened. The littlest child kept changing her mind, and therefore is a princess, because I couldn't make a MagentaThePuppy/Pumpkin/SuperHero costume on such short notice.




And bunny pictures! We finally brought the fellows up into the living room, and it wasn't as catastrophic as I imagined it would be. They didn't go racing around or freak out. In fact, they acted quite a bit more loving than when I reach into their cage, invading their space. The girls were glad for a chance to really get to handle them, and for a good long time, too. I see many bunny outings in the future.




Aren't they beautiful?

And pictures of a little girl sleepover. My goodness, a sleepover has never gone so well. Everyone had a great time, and what with the pumpkin carving, leaf raking, movie watching and Barbie playing, not a child asked for their momma before dropping off to sleep. Excellent!





Scary pumpkins!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

An alpaca visit! That is too cool. I'm glad your DD had such a successful party!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those bunnies are incredibly fluffy! And how neat that someone brought in an alpaca...you don't see that every day. You guys were really lucky.

Cool costumes! Even cooler that you made them.

AR said...

Where was I? I want to see the alpaca, no fair. lol just kidding

Your bunnies look so soft! I can't wait to see them in real life.

AR said...

Great costumes, too! You guys going to the party tonight?

Denise said...

Cute kids and great costumes! I had to laugh at the costume request - I've gotten a few of those before.

That's some lovely looking angora 'on the paw' you have there too!

Anonymous said...

An alpaca! How cute! And a nice one at that. The costumes are gorgeous and those bunnies! So fluffy! I would have to learn to spin if they were around me.

Janice said...

Wow! Those bunnies are amazing! All that yummy soft fur! Sounds like a fun sleepover! Love the costumes you made!