Friday, January 11, 2008

Mission Possible 2008


Ooo, a knitalong! I do love a good knitalong. I can really get behind this one, too. You knit from your stash, one project a month, for the year. I can do that. Heyyyy, I've already done that! Do my daughter's hat and mittens count as one project or two? Probably one, unless I get desperate at the end. So, one down! My stash isn't huge, believe it or not. Something about a one-income house, five people.... it kinda makes me control myself, or they'd wonder why we were eating so much pasta while Mom's knitting away. =)

Actually, I think I've dodged the Kauni cardigan for now. My husband agreed that this was a beautiful sweater, from Knitting Daily. I just don't feel up to stranded knitting right now, but there's a lot going on with this solid color sweater. I'm ordering a deep blue yarn that may or may not remind him of the sea, but he likes anything he can relate to the earth, colorwise. Browns, tans, creams, greens - and he decided, since I wanted to knit a blue sweater, he could include the blue of water. So yay for knitting a new project! I'll still be knitting and spinning while I'm waiting for the yarn to arrive, but it will just be for-the-duration knitting, until my winter project arrives. I'm very much anticipating this one.

Oh, and two more days to leave your post for the Resolutions contest. Any old resolution will do, and I'll have whatever kid is sweetest to me that day draw a name from a hat and send the recipient some yarn! WooHoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! Not a knitalong! Not. I can't believe I was silly enough to sign up for this - which projects am I going to pronounce the Death Sentence on? ;)

Anonymous said...

Now that is a GREAT man's sweater; I'm bookmarking that one. I think my DH would wear that.

Anonymous said...

Great sweater! That is a tempting one.

Is the icon supposed to link the the KAL? Looks interesting.

Jennifer said...

That is a very nice sweater!

That KAL sounds tempting, as I am trying to use up stash. The problem is that as soon as I sign up for a KAL, I have trouble keeping up with it. I wouldn't want to sign up and then start buying lots of yarn. ;-)