Thank you all for your commiseration and suggestions for the neckline. I've never had a problem counting before, but, whew, that neck gave me a run for my money. I picked it up again yesterday and knit away, while baby (well, kind of a baby) crawled up next to me and tucked her arm in mind. Cute, but I was counting, you know? Next thing I knew, she was falling sideways, lulled to sleep by the awesome wooliness of the sweater. I had to ease out to take a picture, even though she's sleeping like I do, with everything she's got, and it's not necessarily pretty. Heehee. (By the by, the neck came out great! Now if I could get the hem to stop rolling out.... I like the sweater, though. Really.)
I got tagged in a meme by my good friend Arleta, who is one of the most consistently nice people that I know. I try to surround myself with these people, but unfortunately you are all scattered all over the continents! Fortunately, Arleta is right here, and I get to spend voice time with her, not just typing time. The meme is that I need to type seven things, trivia really, that I haven't mentioned in my blog before. Then I tag seven people, list their blogs, and send them a comment letting them know. Hey, I can do that! =) Well, I think so, anyway. I tell you guys about most any little thing that wanders in my head.
1. I am trying to singlehandedly offset everyone else's power consumption, so I sit in the dark a fair amount.
2. I have garlands of cranes strung around my house as "decorations." I don't know what I'll do with them after that.
3. I have a bald eagle that frequently lands in the trees by me, and he and I just stare at each other.
4. I was walking my puppy once, and a HUGE white owl swooped down and tried to pick him up. The owl was absolutely silent. Amazing.
5. I am prone to small attacks of anxiety for no reason at all (well, no logical reason). I might be picking up vibes from the universe. =)
6. I would like to hire a handyman to clean out my garage and basement, as long as he didn't make me look at what he was throwing away. I don't need anything down there, and I'm too afraid of mice to do it myself.
7. I have a fear of my feet being off the ground, but I overcame it once and went parasailing with my boyfriend (now husband). I'm insanely proud of that, but I have never mentioned it to anyone.
Whew! That was fun. I think I'll tag.... Nora, LaurieM, Maryam, Trek, Carrie K, Noolie, and Tala. Thanks, y'all, for reading. Hopefully a finished picture of the husband wearing the big vanilla sweater, soon!
16 hours ago