Monday, September 08, 2008

Week 5 is the charm!

Is anyone still with me on the Pushups Challenge? I've been in Week 5 for two weeks, did a do-over of Week 4, and I think I'll call this challenge done. After all, even if I can't do 100 pushups straight through, I'm still doing 137 pushups in under 15 minutes, and that makes me a winner in my own mind. I could do 13 pushups when I started this challenge with my husband's co-workers. I have better core strength from doing the pushups, and it's actually fun to drop down on the floor and do 40. So the contest went thusly: If you took a "before" picture, and are willing to send me that and an "after" picture, at whatever point in the contest that you're at right now, I'll take the entries and do a random drawing for some Noro sock yarn, a gift certificate to Etsy, and some stitch markers, once I get my friend to make me some =) And congrats to everyone who participated. It was harder than I expected, but what a great thing to do for yourself.


Here are some pictures of a new technique I've been doing. Well, it's not new, but it's new to me. It's called Cathedral Windows, and it's a way of turning fabric so you have a 3D effect. It is entirely hand-done, which I like, and it's harder than it looks, which I also like. I'm odd that way. These would work as potholders, but I'm thinking of them more as tabletoppers, trivets or little wallhangings. You could do a whole quilt this way, and I hear some people do. I just can't imagine turning all of those edges and tacking them down, in an entire quilt.



Send your pictures and comments on the pushup challenge to my email address. Careful, though. I'm likely to post the before and after picture of the winner. Don't worry, I'll post my own picture first =)

5 comments:

Cheryl S. said...

Whew! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who didn't finish. But you got a lot further than I did. And like you, I'm glad I did it and I certainly did get some improvement.

AR said...

I kept thinking I'd do it, but I never even got started! Yay for all of you hardworkers!

Pretty quilt! I'll get to work on some stitch markers. hehe

sheep#100 said...

Gorgeous quilting and way to go on the old upper body strengthening!

Anonymous said...

Um........no.

Your Cathedral Windows are great! Quilting is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I quit before I even started, how lame is that?! Good for you for doing as well as you did. I can do about 2 pushups on a good day.

Your quilting looks beautiful.