Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Where did you go?

I have been reviewing my emails and spam quarantine, and so far, I've found entries such as: "Rod Dodson is 85% in January" (good for you, Rod, but what?) - a question, "Is my partner happy?" (I hope so) - "Here is the best stock pick of the year" (sorry, no money to invest) - "Your email won!" (This one may be legit, since it was from a company I've ordered from, but I didn't receive it any time recently, so I assume the opportunity has passed.), and the always useful, "Something that will make her always want it now, and begging for more." I assume they're talking about cooking recipes....


However, what I didn't see is any emails from my comments. I thought you people had been pretty quiet! I'm not sure what the problem is, though. I've asked Blogger to send me the comments in my email, so I can reply and let you know I appreciate your thoughts. I have allowed cookies on my computer, to help Blogger fulfill my request. I have searched the ever-interesting Spam Quarantine file, and there are no comments from the blog. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be glad to try them. In the meantime, though, thanks for your comments, and I'm working on replying.


In knitting news, my daughters are very impressed with my knitting. So much so, in fact, that the second child has offered her "boy friend" (ahem) a pair of thrummed mittens for Valentine's Day. Yes, she did, and I'm pleased she likes hers. I'm flattered, in fact. I'm .... busy. So we had a little talk about appropriateness in offering gifts, and perhaps clearing it by the worker bee (moi) first, before promising the time of my hands. And after this useful talk, she added, "He likes green."

sigh....


11 comments:

Mouse said...

Oh god.. my blog did this from time to time until I switched to WordPress. I actually had to switch emails on WP so that it would work because my bellsouth email address started bouncing all of my comments as spam. I hope you get it sorted out.. At least blogger finally offered the "email my comments" option.. I had to switch over to Haloscan and pay them when I was still on Blogger.
(is that purple stuff in the photo angora? mmmm.. purple bunny fluff..)

Anonymous said...

Oh the offspring just don't understand that we can't just pop the handknits out in an instant. But it is a compliment of the highest kind that your daughter offered your handknits to her boyfriend (just how old is she?).

p.s. It won't stop when she gets older, you know ;-)

Anonymous said...

How kind of her to make such a nice offer to her friend. ;)

Or rather, how kind of you to indulge them both!

Those mittens look awesome. Can I have the next pair (just kidding!)?

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

comments and blogger...I just gave up and started commenting back in my own comments. It was driving me insane.

I cracked up that the lecture ended up with a color request. Sounds like the lectures at my house LOL.

AR said...

You're so sweet!! I still owe someone's girlfriend a pair of legwarmers.

Kids! lol

Dave said...

Methinks it's time said offspring learns to weild the needles herself. :-)

Anonymous said...

Aw. Isn't it nice when they volunteer your time? Green is a nice color. ;)

Is the comment thing working again? Blogger was eating sites last week. Lovely.

Rachel said...

That's pretty funny about your daughter C...it does seem to be the highest compliment to a knitter though...good luck finishing those up in time!

lobstah said...

LOL, that is awfully nice of you to still make the mittens!
Hmm...now I will have to explore blogger...I had no idea you could have comments forwarded to email!

Anonymous said...

Oh this made me laugh out loud! I love the things your kids say and do.

Reminds me of a story my niece told me. She had just bought herself some wonderful bath and body stuff - not a financially easy thing at the time. She walked in the bathroom to find that her daughter (maybe 3 at the time) had poured it all in the toilet and was absorbed with stirring it around with the toilet brush. Laura screamed, "What are you doing?" and her daughter said, "I'm makin' pancakes." Laura then went to great lengths to describe why it was not a good thing to do and when she finished and thought she'd gotten through, her daughter looked at her and said...

"Uh huh. I'm makin' pancakes."

:-)

Jennifer said...

I got so fed up with blogger, I headed over to typepad, and have been very happy. Just sayin'

She has a boyfriend? And you have to knit said mittens? Sheesh.