Monday, December 10, 2007

Ode to the Webkinz

o, little Webkinz,
so sweet and squeezably soft,
When I found you in a Unicorn,
I didn't hold you aloft,
but tucked you surreptitiously
between my coat and purse,
Happily, gratifyingly
grateful I found you first.

Because I just passed by a lady,
walking really fast,
Hoping to find a Uni,
with a GPS and a map.

I won't tell anyone
about the score that I just found.
Someone might grab you from me
and trample me to the ground.

So I'll pay and take you home with me,
my sweet little pink amore,
I'll say I got you on the Internet,
not the last one in the store.

6 comments:

AR said...

Hehe. I know what you mean. I went to every shop in the mall last weekend to find the ONE. I got two. lol

Carrie K said...

No shoppers were harmed in that rhyme?

Jennifer said...

Well, I'm glad you snagged one!

LaurieM said...

Excellent poem! It really emotes.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, yes, you have to be careful this time of year! When Tickle Me Elmo first came out, like 10 years ago or whenever, my DH happened to get the last one on the shelf. He said people were looking at him pass by like they wanted to kill him, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Nice score!